Monday, April 20, 2009

Reading or Riding


I am a terrible reader. I have a short circuit when it comes to keeping my nose in a book. It was a beautiful day yesterday so I decided to catch some rays for the beginning of tanning season. I carted all my "stuff" like I was going to the beach - to the side of the house where the sun was the hottest and hunkered down to continue reading the current book "Quiet Strength" by Tony Dungy.

It was an absolutely perfect day and even at 4 p.m. I was able to get a slight base for my tan. Nick got home from putting a toilet in someone's house and yelled out the window - "how about a motorcycle ride and wings". Now that was a tough toss up for me cause I love the sun and yet, when you mention cycle - well, it took me less than a minute to leap up and give up the current "love" to go on the bike.

The ride was fabulous! Just the right temp and although as we often do take familiar roads, I always try to find new things I haven't noticed before on that route. The sun started to go down before we headed home so the temp dropped. But fortunately for "Power surge Sally", a hot flash kept me nice a cozy the last 8 miles!

No comments: