Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bike Weekend in Blairsville


With all the hype of Spring Break and Bike Week in Daytona (our neighbor is down there)I convinced Nick that we could not wait till April 1 to put the bike back on the road. I told him honey, I have a major exam coming up, and JAVA class and I am going to need to have my stress reliever in place so we can go when it is needed.

Lately, I have been wandering around the house as bored as a bag of rocks and yet I have tons of stuff to get done. NOTHING appeals to me. There's the itch to go and go and go.

So, I made a deal. I would clean the bike - I mean DETAIL the bike in return for his going to State Farm and putting the insurance back on it and get us back in business.

So, today, that's my goal. It is FILTHY, I could write my name in the back bumper (like they do on pick up trucks - wash me) but of course I won't cause that could harm the look.

He backed it out for me, parked it right in the front yard. I told him, if I attempted to pull it out myself, he might come home and find me under it, still in the garage, with a broken leg. Now all I have to do is wait for the 40 degree weather to turn to 70 later today and I am all set.

I will make that baby shine. Of course not without a few back pills and breaks. Next week is report card week and it's soooooo gonna be a week to ride. Now I have to figure out how to upload the rest of my songs to my ipod and I will be set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brenda,

I pray that the wind in your hair and bugs in your teeth will be completely and gloriously fabulous! Have fun!

patti said...

RIDE baby ride! You need it and deserve it! Stress like being a school admin assistant...nothing like it! Ride!!!!