Monday, September 7, 2009

What a little apple pie will do for ya

 

Well, maybe not. I was going through some pics on my laptop searchin for some pics to e-mail Nick for his Facebook wall and found this picture a friend had done up as a joke when I had my cycle that Nick bought me back when we started riding motorcycles. We have since traded it in to get our Suzuki Boulevard and I was so happy that I was the owner of a fancy blue cycle, which I was scared to death to drive!

I now have a dirt bike that I get out in the lawn and use to practice my skills of shifting and braking and all that good stuff, but my heart is still set on getting a motorcycle that is AUTOMATIC so I don't have to perform all those things while managing to keep the bike standing straight up. That seems to be where the problem lies for me. When I took the motorcycle class in Florida and did the U-turn - ha - I laid that baby down on the pavement and had to walk it back to the barn for a new bike.

I am a mulitasker by trade, but can't seem to make the hand, foot coordination - AUTOMATIC is my way to go. And for those of you that are shaking your heads, THEY DO MAKE AUTOMATIC ONES AND THEY HAVE SOME REALLY NICE ONES!

So, don't believe everything you are seeing here - with Mrs. Evil Knieval - as much as it does seem like it was a fun thing to do.

If you drove by the house these days, you might could see me doing this with my dirt bike. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

patti said...

HILARIOUS picture! xo

U said...

You have gears on your lawn mower but you want an automatic motorcycle?

** Shakes head and walks away...**

Roses in December said...

You haven't driven a Snapper lawn mower have you? Gears, I wouldn't call them that. No comparison whatsooooeverrr! Oh waittt, grass in Florida gets weed wacked.

Too many crazy people out there, then I'd have to shift on top of holding the bike straight up, been there, done that, gravity and I don't mix. I'm telling ya, gravel doesn't feel good in the skin.