Saturday, September 26, 2009

Winding Down


I cannot believe I am coming to the end of this phase of my life and ending a job that I have been doing since 2006. I have 3 days left and I am getting ready to embark upon another journey as we settle into our temporary home in Franklin. I still have tons to do here in GA. I am packing all the non essentials to get them into storage and it's a monumental task. I remember quite well doing this in PA when we moved from there to Florida. Nick was already down there working and I had to maintain two jobs and pack out a 4 floor row home by myself. I wonder sometimes the humor in all of it.

With my "ADD" undiagnosed it is not such a good thing. I wander from room to room and find myself not completing the tasks at hand. That is not good at all. I am noted for this all too often and sure it would go alot faster if I was able to focus on one thing at a time without being distracted so much.

I laughed at myself wandering around the kitchen island tonight, searching for the scissors I put down somewhere I couldn't remember, also searching for my sandwich I made, (put that down somewhere) and the roll of packing tape (stuck that somewhere) and thinking, ok Brenda, get it together, time is a wasting!

I think just once it would be nice if I got the job first and Nick got to pack it all out one of these moves. Of course then I think, oh no, he'd throw it all out or give it all away just to avoid seeing it go on a truck or into storage. I know they say less is more but he'd be a less less less kinda man for sure.

Moving is never easy! And we said we were downsizing when we moved into this house from Florida, yeah right!

1 comment:

vicki said...

It must be hard leaving a home you built for yourselves. I'm impressed with your pack up and go spirit! I hear Franklin is beautiful and there are some GREAT churches in the area.